Lecturer Business Finance
Is International education your passion and would you like to contribute to the professional development of international students? Would you like to contribute to excellent international education within a small-scale setting? Would you like to be challenged by talented students with high international ambitions? At Aeres University of Applied Sciences you can make a difference!
What are your tasks and responsibilities?
- You will work within the Department of International Studies and Consultancies, at 2 faculty locations; Almere and Dronten.
- You will teach and coach international students in topics at various levels, namely: business finance, financial management, management accounting, logistics, supply chain, and distribution management, and economics.
- You are responsible for all substantive and operational aspects of the development, planning, examination, and follow-up of the course.
- You will contribute to the further development of the English taught programs at Aeres University of Applied Sciences.
Who are we looking for?
- You have relevant work and/or teaching experience in one or more of the aforementioned domains, where agri-food business would be a preference: business finance, financial management, management accounting, logistics, supply chain, and distribution management, and economics.
- You are passionate about working with students and being a part of their development into young professionals.
- You are able to share your industry experience and knowledge with students and create a positive, pleasant and effective teaching/learning environment in class and during coaching sessions.
- You are able to work with people from various cultural backgrounds and have, preferably, a broad international experience.
- You enjoy working within a team, are proactive, strong planner with excellent time management skills and show educational leadership.
- You are committed to continuously develop yourself professionally during which you contribute your knowledge and expertise to develop our international courses and programmes.
- You are in possession of a Master degree in Business administration, Finance or Supply Chain/Logistics.
- You are a certified lecturer (onderwijsbevoegdheid) or are committed to acquire this certification.
- You master both the Dutch and English language at native and/or near-native level.
Aeres University of Applied Sciences
Aeres University of Applied Sciences is rooted in green and instructive higher education. We focus on teaching and research as well as sharing and applying knowledge. Professional development, pushing back frontiers, innovative entrepreneurship, contextual learning, and sustainable action are our key interests. This is how we contribute to the development of future-oriented, innovative professionals, who are capable of taking well-founded decisions in a complex world. Our faculties in Almere, Dronten and Wageningen cater for approximately 3,200 students. Each faculty has its own profile and focus.
Aeres University of Applied Sciences faculty Dronten
The faculty in Dronten is a leader in the agricultural domain. We specialise in agribusiness in all its facets: agri and food business, entrepreneurship, and in management of animal & health and welfare. The faculty provides for a total of 2,100 (Dutch and foreign) students, who use our extensive facilities to gain practical experience.
The faculty's Christian identity is expressed in the ‘Economy of Life’. Our vision comprehends ‘living together based on shared norms and values’ in the true sense of the word. Rather than ‘have and must’, the essence of life is ‘be unique and being allowed to be unique’. A key concept here is ‘stewardship'.
We are interested in how you would put this into practice. We would like to see examples of this in your motivation letter. And we elaborate on this in job interviews.
Aeres University of Applied Sciences Almere
The Almere faculty focuses on study programmes and practical research in which the green knowledge domain is linked to the urban environment. Major fields of interest include biology, food, health, circular economy, sustainability, and innovative green planning. Aeres University of Applied Sciences Almere is a partner in the development of the Flevo Campus, which is being created on the Floriade exhibition site over the next few years. The Flevo Campus is a knowledge hub where education, research, entrepreneurs and governments meet around the theme of “Feeding the City”.
Department of International Studies and Consultancies
The Department of International Studies and Consultancies is operating at the location Dronten as well as Almere. The university hosts approximately 250 international students in various English taught programs at both locations on a yearly basis. Next, to this the university receives various groups of international visitors, visiting the University in the frame of a partnership or training. The university internationally offers consultancy services in the field of (agricultural) education and agribusiness.
The attractiveness of working at Aeres University of Applied Sciences is that you are part of a team that educates professionals in close collaboration with the sector for which we train them. There are also ample opportunities for self-development. The job of lecturer Business finance, supply chain and logistics has a salary perspective linked to scale 11 of the collective labor agreement for higher professional education (from
€ 3.360,74 up to € 4.892,31 gross per month for a full-time appointment). The perquisites that come with the job are good.
In the case of permanent jobs, the initial appointment is a temporary one with Stichting Aeres Groep. In the case of temporary jobs, an appointment will be with our payroll partner.
Any questions? Please contact Natasja Spaargaren, team manager, 06-12439443
Applying immediately? Apply no later than 16 June 2019 for this function.
Job interviews will take place on Friday 21 June 2019 in the morning.
Sales contacts induced by this vacancy will not be appreciated.Solliciteer op deze functie